Monday 26 May 2014

A Brief History of My Mobile Phones


So where did it all begin?

Nokia 3310

So where else would it begin? The one of many legendary Nokia 'brick' phones as they were known. But this one at the time was different, it had polyphonic ringtones! I remember my first purchase was Blazin' Squads Flip Reverse. That made my year on the rare occasion somebody would actually call me. Also the small matter that the 3310 had the new Snake game...Snake 2 (inventive name I know). This phone did everything, never broke, and if ever anything happened to my iPhone, I would gladly pay £10 to use this again.

Rating: 10/10 (for the period it was released in)

Motorola V600


So after the traditional brick phone to start off with my parents treated me to a flip phone for Christmas. Straight away the 'Hello Moto' made the Nokia instantly forgotten. Also there was a camera...Yes a camera! The screen was made of actual colours, not just black or white! This was a huge step back then. However what it made up for in its new ability, it lacked in the basics. I remember it as being incredibly slow, and even thicker than they brick phone. The little aerial thing was annoying as well, basically just plane annoying.

Rating: 3/10

Sony Ericsson w810

Then I made the step into the big boy league. The promise of getting hundreds of songs on my phone was just too good to turn down. Obviously the 'legally' downloaded songs were put on the phone and enjoyed instantly. Well the amount of songs were limited to how much the tiny memory card could handle. If I remember rightly I could have about 250 songs which back then was legendary. It even had a camera! There was nothing this phone couldn't do! The only downside was the speed, with all the songs taking up the memory, the messaging system suffered. Also the notorious buttons had the habit of playing up and getting sticky. But overall, it was best at the music side, which back then was all you wanted.

Rating: 8/10

LG KC550

We've had brick, flip, Walkman so it seemed natural to go for the slide up phone. It was also my first pay monthly phone as well so new grounds were being broken in to. So what was good about this phone...the camera, yeah that's all. The phone was slow, was prone to breaking regularly, and even the slide broke! Was more than happy to bin this phone when my contract ended.

Rating: 2/10

HTC Desire

The first touch screen phone of the list! Also came with the android system so had my first experience of downloading applications! This side of it was brilliant, the system worked brilliantly, was easy to navigate and I couldn't find nothing wrong with it. However a problem did occur when the small memory reared its ugly head. The situation kept arising where I would have to keep deleting apps to accommodate incoming texts. Overall though until I broke my screen, it was generally faultless. 

Rating: 7/10

Finally! iPhone 4s

So we've finally reached the end of my journey, and except for owning a Blackberry, I've done the world tour of mobile phones. Touch wood I am yet to find a fault with it. The memory is sufficient to hold all the apps, the phone never freezes, or randomly freezes. The camera is brilliant, and the music system works faultlessly. I am still very proud to be an iPhone wanker, and will gladly promote it!

Rating: 10/10 (the modern day brick phone)




No comments:

Post a Comment