Sunday 25 May 2014

World Cup 2014

Well I for one cannot wait for the World cup to start in Brazil...Brasil?? Despite being a Welshman, I would like to see England do well, which to my Welsh reader I promise you will be the only time. I am a Manchester United fan so would like to see the likes of Rooney, Jones and Smalling perform well.

My Pick for the Winner?

Despite them being boring to watch sometimes, cannot see past Spain. Their squad is immense in every position, and undeniable their tactics under Del Bosque works on the international stage. If not Spain then can see the host nation themselves taking the trophy home. The home advantage will play a part, and they have shown they can take apart the World and European champions. 

Why not Germany or Argentina?

I just don't believe that they have the complete package. With Argentina they have so many world class individuals, but it's how they are integrated which leaves them lacking. One minute they will seem odds on to win the tournament, then the next they will struggle. In Germany's case, it is the striker role which they are lacking in. Someone who will score that crucial goal in a tight game, sure they have Klose, but he isn't the player he was. Apart from that they are a huge force, a wonderful mix of power and style in midfield, and huge strength in depth in every department apart from up top. Sure they could play with a fake striker, but will it get the job done, I don't think so.

Surprise Package?

Got to be either Belgium or Uruguay. Both are expected to do well, but I can really see both of them getting to the semi final stage. Both have huge quality, and both have complete teams. It is just the case whether they can perform against the big nations, in the big matches. Out of the two I would like to see Belgium do well, Vincent Kompany deserves something and would be nice to see him do well. And of course who wants to see Louis Suarez do well? 

And As for England?

Quarter final, would love to see the youngsters light up the world cup and make an impact. They should be pragmatic in the group stages, attack against the teams which they can attack against, but be clever against the bigger teams. My team I would chose would be: Hart, Baines, Cahill, Jagielka, Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson CM, Sterling, Lalana, Rooney, Sturridge. I would like to see a 4-4-2 formation played, like the system Atletico Madrid play. Which could then turn into a 4-2-3-1 when they want to go on the defensive against the big teams. 

Thanks guys for reading, post comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment