Monday 19 May 2014

Orange is the New Black!

So yeah...started watching that after being told "it's a girly type of show...but it's really good...and has lesbians in it" So with reluctance I started watching it, and fair play it delivered!

So yeah if you want to start watching it, don't read on as I would find it hilarious if I ruined it for you...

The theme song is annoying. I don't know why, but I just find it annoying and that's all I will say on it. But credit has to be given to the clever prisoner montage of actual prisoners in the opening sequence. Any ways onto the show itself! After getting through the annoying theme tune the show quickly explains the plot, that Piper Chapman is going to jail for drug money smuggling...oh and she is an ex lesbian and is now in a relationship with Jim from American Pie.

So an ex lesbian is going to jail, sounds interesting right? CURVEBALL! Turns out the person who ratted on her is in the same jail as her! Now you're hooked! Calm down, I'm not going to explain the whole thing as both you and me could not be bothered to read/type it. But to me I see a little correlation with Breaking Bad (THE best television show ever). The correlation being that you notice a dramatic change in the characters behaviour and attitude in day to day life, which is both intriguing and one of the main draws of this show. The other very clever thing the creators of this show do is in each episode a side story is provided which explains how each inmate got to being in the slammer. It keeps each episode unique and provides a healthy break from the main plot. The season finale itself is brilliantly done, and is the perfect way to leave you wanting more.

So that's a shortish review of the first season. Now go forth and watch! I done my best to reveal nothing about what happens, and hopefully you'll enjoy the first season! Remember...it's not Jim from American Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment